Friday, January 8, 2010

the new year

the new year is a great time for new beginnings. People are looking to the future, moving on from the past. its a time for letting go, and for reaching up. I spent today contacting some kids I haven't seen since Christmas break, touching base, hearing stories of Christmas.
i blogged before about how Christmas can be a tough time for kids, and it was. there was however good news too. three times today I had kids surprise me by saying "actually, Christmas was good."
So thanks to all of you who have been praying, it helped.
I dont know what surprises this new year holds, but I walk towards them with faith that God knows what He is doing and will give me the words I need to share. My prayer is that this would be a year of healing after 2009 being a year of change.

No comments:

Post a Comment