Thursday, July 29, 2010

WWJD

Most people who have been around christianity in the past 10 years knows what WWJD stands for. What Would Jesus Do? I think that the spiritual views of most of the teenagers I work with could be summed up by a slight variation of this. WTFWJD?! I found this variation on one of my teen's facebook profiles and I laughed really hard. If you don't know what WTF stands for, just skip this post and read something more interesting.
I love this about the teens I work with. They are highly confused, frustrated, demanding, and wonderfully sincere in their pursuit of God. It keeps me on my toes because I never can tell what question may come up next, but I do know that a cheesy answer will get me no where. These teens will not be satisfied by religion either, they are searching for a mystical, powerful, universal, huge, personal answer to the questions their hearts ask.
Their response to the Jesus fish, an unexplained cliche?

No comments:

Post a Comment