Thursday, August 27, 2009

Fund raising Blows

Fund raising... chills run up and down my spine at the words.

I hate, no wait, I loath asking people to support my work financially. maybe its because I'm old school and still believe that you should work all day to make a product, or to provide a service for people who will pay you for it. My job doesn't work like that.

They call it non-profit. I call it horrible.

I provide a service to those who wont and shouldn't pay for it. So I work with teenagers who need me for free. There is only one problem with this situation.... my powerful need to eat.
So I go to those who I believe may share my heart and passion for these teenagers, and I ask them to join our team and support me financially so I can still do this work, and eat.

And by ask I mean, tell them about my need and then wait for them to offer.

I'm a sucky fund raiser.

So here I am, having been at this job for a year and am only working for YFC for 2 days a week.
I could fundraise for my co-workers who do that same job as me without a problem. Its because I'm asking for my own salary that I become a coward and skirt around "the big ask".
this is so dumb! I know God has called me to do this work, and I know that he has therefor called others to support me.
God help me with my unbelief!

grumble grumble grumble....

So if you are praying for me, please pray for the courage and boldness and faith to ask people to support this work I believe in so much. then pray for me to meet those people. If you are one of those people that God has called to be apart of helping these kids then... let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment