Monday, August 10, 2009

Unanswered Questions

On monday nights I have a little disscusion group that meets over hot popcorn in my church's loft. I asked the question "Where is Jesus in your life right now?" I got many answers, here are the two that stuck with me.

"God walked away and is letting me do it on my own because he has the confidance that I can do it on my own." I said "Sounds lonely." He just nodded his head in sad agreement.
"Its like a stalker who has been given a restraining order. Everytime I look around he is exactly 100 yards away watching me, wanting to come closer."

The other question I asked was "What's one thing you want to do before you die." One girl broke my heart by saying "To forget someone and just realize that they aren't coming back. To heal."

Lonelyness is one of the most common things I encounter in the hearts of the teens I work with. It breaks my heart because I know that Jesus is so lonely too. He loves these kids so much and is longing to be with them, to answer their questions, to heal them, to love them.

Please pray that they find him, the answer to all their questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment