Wednesday, September 9, 2009

on broken shards of glass


Meet your keynote speaker for "Langley Together". hip-hip-horray...ya cuz nothing thrills me more then getting up in front of a bunch of strangers and trying for an hour not to stick my foot too far in my mouth. I was contacted by a youth pastor who asked me to speak at this event. Its purpose is to inspire the christian youth in Langley to go into their schools and share their faith with their unsaved friends.

the only problem is the fact that I do have allot to say about this subject and am quite passionate about it.... so i had to say yes.

when i was about 13 I heard this quote and it has stuck with me ever since:
"The reason I dont believe in God is because the Christians dont believe in God. How do I know? If I was convinced that there was a hell, I would crawl on my hands and knees on broken shards of glass the length and breadth of England just to prevent one soul from going there. Either the Christians dont actually believe, or they have hearts of stone."

Talk about conviction! So I will be speaking on this subject. I will challenge the teens to examine their lives and ask themselves "If I really believe, then what should I be doing?" I will end the sermon with this send off prayer,

May God seize you with a holy passion drenched in righteous desperation for the lost.
May compassion from the heart of Jesus take over your own heart completely.
May your eyes reflect the grace in the eyes of the Father.
may you cry alongside the Holy Spirit, and laugh with him as well.
May you completely surrender your pride and may all hypocrisy be flushed out as you draw near to the heart and thoughts of Jesus.
may Jesus Show you his heart, and may it break your own.
may repentance be a lifestyle for you.
May you be a good reflection of Jesus.

may your eternity be blessed with many more brothers and sisters.
amen.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you'll be fantastic Carmen! Sad I won't be there...

    ReplyDelete