Monday, October 18, 2010

power of prayer

It was a rough week. I had simply heard too many sad stories in too short of a time. Tuesday, back from the holiday weekend, I had three appointments with three teens. And the day pretty much went like this: BAM! BAM! BAM! Sucker punched. Three times. Ya, then it got worse. The rest of the week consisted of holding teens as they cried. Really, that was the rest of my week. It was too much for me to handle. Usually in these circumstances I take time to journal and rest and read my bible so I can have the strength to keep going. So I still have something to give. But I found myself without the space to rest, with no more to give, and with more being asked of me. It was 8am on Thursday morning and my favourite barista at Starbucks asked me "How are you?" I just looked at him and said. "Yaaa..... How are you?" So I sat down with my tea (cheapest thing on the menu) and prayed. Then I sent out a text message to my closest prayer supporters asking them to pray. I asked God "Can I cash in all those prayers that people have prayed for me over the years now?" After about 15 minutes I received a flood of messages from people saying they were praying. About 10 minutes after that I breathed in and experienced something strange. I noticed immediately that my emotional capacity had expanded. My fuel tank had somehow been filled up to a quarter tank, when before it was beyond running on fumes. The change was so drastic and noticeable that it felt almost physical. I had enough to make it through the rest of the day. And I did. And I doubt it was the tea. God did a lot of good things that day threw me. Amazing things. It was one of those days that may go down in my career as a youth worker as one of the most painful and beautiful days ever.I can't write about what happened here, but I just want to say thank you to those who have prayed for me in the past. I swear those prayers are the reason I'm not sick right now.
May our Lord bless you and keep you, I am honoured to have such wonderful brothers and sisters in Christ. I know that I wouldn't be able to do this without all of you.
ps- If you want to stay in closer contact and become apart of my prayer team email me at carmen@youthunlimited.com

No comments:

Post a Comment